Realising our Full Human Potential
Realising our Full Human Potential
*** PAGE IN PROGRESS***
Below is the current products and services I’m using to optimise my health, fitness and wellness. These are all products and services that I have tried and happily recommend. Full disclosure, some of these links may include affiliate links that pay a small commission when purchases are made.
HEALTH + FITNESS TRACKING
– Whoop – Best for balancing strain, stress, recovery and community.
– Oura – Best for Sleep tracking – (Save USD$40 with this link)
– Muse – For Meditation
– Lumen – For Metabolic Flexibility Tracking and intelligent cycling of carbs. (Get 2 months free)
– ATG training program – Amazing and affordable program for gaining athletic ability and bulletproofing joints. Program provides unlimited corrective feedback to master key exercises to optimise your athletic ability, mobility, and power. Save 50% of your first month with this link
BAREFOOT RUNNING GEAR
Around 2020 thereabouts I transitioned to barefoot running, and tried tested a number of barefoot shoes and sandals. Surprisingly I’ve fallen in love with the sandals as they give your feet the ultimate freedom and breathability, while still providing enough grip and feeling connected to my feet. Here are my top recommendations:
Xero Shoes – My first barefoot shoe if you don’t count the vibrams I tried years ago. Great comfortable shoe, with amazing durability – their soles are guaranteed for 5000 Miles!
Luna Sandals – My first Barefoot Sandal, and my goto sandal. After wearing these, they have become my default all round shoe, only opting for the closed shoes when needed for more formal / dressy occasions. Most of the models are suited to both road and trail running, so are very versatile.
Earth Runners – My current favourite sandals because of their simple and clean design, I would say they aren’t quite as suited for trail running, but have yet to try. they are also super light.
– Flex Beam – Red light therapy for speeding up soft tissue recovery – great for injuries like ligament, tendon and joint injuries. Endorsed and used by the world number 2 Tennis player. I have tested and used the device since January 2023, and has helped me make progress in recovering from archilles tendonitis and left TFC tear after months of no progress. Click here to access the best discount off the retail pricing.
We first discovered Derrick at US voice over specialist Marice Tobias’ workshop for producers and directors, and have since used his voice for a wide range of radio commercials including Citibank, Energiser and Singapore Airlines, many times working with our own Mediacorp Radio DJs. He’s great to work with and can take direction!
Derrick also has a unique voice timbre that puts listeners at ease with his informal, man-on-the-street style.
He is the voice of the times.
“It has been a huge pleasure to be working alongside you and your dedicated team from Safra Radio (Power 98 and Jia FM) in this Earth Hour 2012 journey. Special thanks to Derrick and the DJs who did a fantastic job at the event on 31st March! Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!”
“Derrick Siu was engaged by IMG Artists as emcee of a major media conference announcing the opening and major three day opening festival for a $500+ million dollar new venue in Singapore – The Star Performing Arts Centre.
Derrick has a very easy going yet professional manner when he is presenting. We have found that artists and other VIPs feel very comfortable talking to him in a media conference environment. Derrick is a delight to work with and I would highly recommend him to any organisation organising similar events who is looking for a very charming and capable facilitator, presenter or emcee.”
I worked personally with Derrick and was impressed with his proactive and positive approach. Before the event, he made an effort to learn about the products and services he was promoting. On the job, he not only performed professionally but went beyond his duties as MC to add value to the event.
As an MC, he is youthful and energetic and possesses the ability to engage the audience. He is skilled in spontaneous interaction in order to generate crowd response.”